Friday, October 18, 2013

Technology Roars During Midterm

      

          Probably the most challenging part for a teacher is on how to make the students have longer memory span and keep them interested throughout the lesson. During the first half of the semester, I was able to distinguish the difference between a traditional classroom from a Student-centered one. When I heard this, I never thought any deeper for I was able to conceptualize it from the context itself. However, as we go through to our discussion in EdTech2, I realized that as a teacher of today's generation, you must be flexible enough in dealing with your students. As it has been discussed, traditional classroom, it may be observed that the classrooms are usually arranged with neat columns and rows of student chairs, while the teacher stands in front of the classroom or sits behind his/her desk. this situation is necessitated by the need to maintain classroom discipline and also to allow the teacher to control classroom activities through lecture presentation and teacher-led discussions. On the other hand, Student-Centered classroom is the teacher would let the students work after giving the students a series of instruction. As you can observe, there is a great disparity between the the two classrooms. The latter one renders an opportunity to the students to become more active  learners, who can interact with other learners, demonstrating independence and self-awareness in the learning process.

            As a pre-service teacher, this topic did struck me during the length of  the Midterm of this semester. I believe that knowing this topic along with the other topics in Edtech would hone my teaching skills towards my students. With this lesson, I was challenged to think more activities that indulges technology on the future lessons that I will be teaching to my students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment